Is it USEFUL?
Is the information you have found:
- Appropriate for the course or assignment?
- Relevent, or does it wander from your topic?
- Adding to what you already know?
- Does it disagree with what you have already found?
- Adding a new format (books, journals, websites) to your cited works?
Start Here: Look for CLUES
This guide will show you who
You have been evaluating information all your life, at work and at play. College educated people look at information with a critical eye, finding clues to the truth in what they read, hear and see. You will learn how to gather a variety of viewpoints, but more easily spot misinfomation.
What is the Reading Level?
College-level students are often asked to find information from Scholarly Journals as opposed to, or in addition to, magazines. The following video helps to show the differences. (To view it in a larger window, simply click the YouTube Logo...)